Happy New Year!  

Posted by Seressia in

Like everyone else, I'm wishing you a very happy new year! I spent the evening with a few close friends--I just can't stomach the crowds, especially being a height-challenged person.

Later today friends and family will descend to partake of the traditional Southern New Year's Day meal: collards, black-eyed peas, cornbread, and pork. Collards of course, symbolize the green of money, the peas symbolize the coin, cornbread symbolizes gold, and the pork...well, I suppose we could say it's extraneous money used for pork-barrel spending, but that wouldn't be fair, right?

I'm not making any resolutions this year. Why set myself up for failure and cracking under pressure? Didn't we see enough of that last year?

BTW, I've updated my main website, located at http://www.seressia.com. I thought it was time for a change, and New Year's Day seemed as good a time to launch as any. Besides, the Gemini in me won't let me keep one style for long!

Anyhoo, I hope that you'll return again and again. I've got five releases coming this year that I know of, and two of them are back to back January and February anthologies, Vegas Bites Back, and What White Boyz Want. See? No need to resolve to be more productive--that's already being taken care of!

Hhm? Maybe resolve to save more money? Good thing I'm having those collards. Let me know if you want a plate.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at Tuesday, January 01, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment