Working and Writing  

Posted by Seressia in

I know many authors dream of giving up their day job. I do too. But given the poor results of Winter Wonder Write which didn't even produce 1K a day output, I'm wondering if not having to go to work would be a good thing.

But I'm beginning to think that the problem is that I just can't write at home. I hate being domestic. Hate it. In fact, one of the first things I plan to do when I have extra cash is hire someone to come do my laundry, kitchen and floors. Even if it's just laundry, that would be huge! When I find myself doing laundry instead of writing, I know I have an issue, and it's not lack of clean underwear.

This weekend I'm going to try a new (for me) approach. I'm going to go to my neighborhood library, and try to write there. No History Channel marathons to distract me, no games on the travel netbook. Just me, mini-me, and a note pad for 6 hours. My local library also has study rooms--closed off rooms you can have tutoring or study time in. Hopeffully I'll be able to snag one first thing Saturday morning. Hopefully it will go swimmingly. I have two significant projects that have to be done very, very soon, and I need all the help I can get!

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 at Thursday, January 08, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment